Caldwell Trust Company has hired seven new employees to accommodate its continuing growth according to R. G. “Kelly” Caldwell Jr., CEO and president. The action represents a 65 percent increase in staff since 2011, from 17 employees at that time to the current 28. Six of the new staff members are based in Caldwell’s headquarters at 1400 Center Road, Venice, while the seventh works in the Sarasota office at 1561 Main Street. “It is significant that four of our new team members will work in the Information Technology Department,” Kelly Caldwell said. “We’re proud that our services continue to be personal, traditional and independent. At the same time, we have relied heavily on technology, especially our proprietary software, since the beginning of our business. We welcome the fresh insights the new members of our family will bring to us and our clients.”
In addition to the information technology specialists, new members of the staff include a controller, trust associate and receptionist. All are based in Venice except Kimberly Evener, as stated below.
- Stacey Brooks, Software Developer, brings more than 20 years of experience in the design and development of software applications. She has worked in many industries including banking, financial trading, manufacturing, product distribution, municipal government and hospitality.She holds a computer science degree from Central Virginia Community College in Lynchburg, VA.
- Michael Coulton, Software Programmer, has been programming web pages since 1998 when he joined four friends at Kent State University to start Coldfire Studios, which created a text-based game, “Space: Glory through Conquest.” The company supplemented his income while he worked as a website consultant using numerous languages and database combinations. He then became a WebSpeed programmer in Cleveland, Ohio. Prior to college Coulton served in the U.S. Army for four years as a FAAR Radar Operator.
- Kimberly Evener, Trust Associate, is based in the Sarasota office. She began her financial career in 2001 while still in high school. At that time she was a teller with Commerce Bank in New Jersey. She relocated to Florida in 2003 and joined Northern Trust Company in 2004, beginning as a senior teller. After eight years she transitioned to trust associate. During her twelve years with Northern Trust she took two AIB courses as well as two years of trust school—Session 1 as presented by Northern Trust Schools and Year 1 of the Florida Trust & Wealth Management School Florida Trust School, sponsored by Florida Bankers Association. She will attend Year 2 of the Florida Trust School in July and Year 3 in 2017. She is currently working towards the designation of Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA).
- Elaine Griffin, Business Analysis, is the liaison between the Caldwell Trust Company business team and information technology team.Her responsibilities are to understand and document business enhancement requirements for the company’s website along with the necessary technical requirements for website developers. She has over 20 years of experience in requirements and quality management and was previously an associate director of quality assurance. Griffin holds a B.A. in business administration from Sienna Heights University in Adrian, MI.
- Timothy J. Lessak II, Systems Network Administrator, has over 25 years of network and systems administration experience including designing a WAN interconnecting 19 remote locations, developing a companywide computer security system employing highly reliable mail and wall network security products and Trend Macro desktop/server security products. He has installed a VoIP phone system and managed the IS aspect of a transition from a private banner store operation to a franchise operation. From 1986-1992 Lessak was an electronics technician and lead petty officer in the U. S. Navy overseeing a staff of 20 and working on radio systems, electronic test equipment and miniature/micro-miniature circuit board repairs. Lessak graduated magna cum laude from the University of Akron in 2013 with a B.S. in Science Supervision in a Technical Organization Program.
- Mary McKeon, Controller, has more than 30 years of accounting experience in both the private and public sectors. She has worked in many industries including luxury real estate for Sotheby’s International Realty; technology for Digital Community Networks, Inc.; hospitality for Stay-N-Play RV Resort Corp.; healthcare for Florida Cardiac Consultants; and financial for Arthur & Swearingen CPAs, and Simon & Shearer Accountants. She has a B.A in Accounting from the University of South Florida.
- Laura Prestia, Receptionist, holds a bachelor’s degree in design and space planning from Ringling College of Art & Design. The Florida native has been a gallery director and design consultant at The Collector’s Wall, her family’s fine art gallery in Sarasota. She brings many years of community involvement and customer service, along with strong communication and organizational skills. While living in Wyoming she worked at the Albany County Public Library in Laramie for seven years and became executive co-director of their Foundation.
Caldwell Trust Company is an independent trust company with offices in Venice and Sarasota, Florida. Established in 1993, the firm currently manages over $800 million in assets for clients throughout the United States. The company offers a full range of fiduciary services to individuals including services as trustee, custodian, investment adviser, financial manager and personal representative. Additionally, Caldwell manages 401(k) and 403(b) qualified retirement plans for employers. To learn more about Caldwell Trust Company, call 1.800.338.9476 (toll-free), 941.493.3600 (Venice) or 941.926.9336 (Sarasota); email email@example.com; or visit www.ctrust.com.